Handicap and CDH Support
Although the various software packages (such as Intelligent Golf and Club V1) make running your Club competitions and handicaps more straight forward than ever, there are often handicap and CDH problems faced by all committees.
BB&O Golf are working hard to ensure that we are best placed to help you with any handicap or CDH enquiry you may have. We also understand that it’s not unusual for the person tasked with administering competitions and handicaps at your club not to be fully aware of either their responsibilities or procedures. With this in mind we would like to remind all Club Managers and Secretaries that our office will provide the support listed below;
- Face to Face visits with new Handicap Secretaries / Administrators to explain the roles and responsibilities of the “Handicap Administrator”.
- Club visits to help with CDH cleansing.
- Telephone advice on the correct handling of resigning players, new home players etc.
- Allocation of first handicaps.
- Category 1 handicap allocations.
- Returning players.
- CDH malfunctions (typically where Club handicaps do not seem to be synchronised with CDH).
- Handicap disputes.
- Annual and ongoing reviews.
- Administrative errors within CDH.
The USGA and R&A have recently announced they are working with golf’s handicapping authorities to develop a universal system which will apply all over the world. Currently there are six different systems around the world, providing handicaps for over 15 million golfers in more than 80 countries.
The announcement follows an extensive review of existing handicap systems administered by Golf Australia, The Council of National Golf Unions (CONGU), The European Golf Association, The South African Golf Association, The Argentine Golf Association and the United States Golf Association (USGA).
The new system is likely to be based on the USGA slope system which means that considerable changes in the way in which we do things will be required. BB&O Golf will ensure that we help our Clubs through the change and communicate any announcements efficiently as well as equip ourselves with the knowledge that allows us to support you throughout the process.
For Handicap and CDH Support please call our office on 01494 867341