We are recruiting
BB&O Golf is seeking a Head of Golf Operations to assist the Executive Officer in the day to day running of the organisation. Please see below for the job description.
Post Title: Head of Golf Operations
Responsible to: County Executive Officer (County Secretary)
Responsible for: N/A
To assist the County Executive Officer with the day to day operation and administration of the County’s affairs.
- CEO (County Secretary)
- County Executive Chairman – regular communication
- Sub-committees – communication as required
- County Officials, Regional league and affiliated Golf Clubs – communication as required
- County Golf Union Council/Executive – communication as required
- Golf Clubs – communication as required
- County Unions & Associations – communication as required
- England Golf, Golf Foundation staff – communication as required
- External Partners - communication as required
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Help to manage the County office ensuring that enquires are handled in a timely and appropriate manner. Take responsibility for the office in the absence of The CEO
- Help to maintain communication and liaise as appropriate with County officers, County Golf Union, the County League and England Golf including officials from other local Counties.
- Help to maintain communication and liaise as appropriate with all affiliated golf clubs in the County.
- Take responsibility for the regular updating of results and news items on the BB&O website, liaising with other executive officers, team captains or nominated volunteers.
- Take full responsibility for Digital Marketing.
- Take the lead in all aspects of running County Tournaments and assist with County Matches. Under the guidance of the CEO the Head of Golf Operations will set up the online tournaments ensuring that all aspects of entry and payment have been addressed.
- Provide support to county sub committees and attend meetings as appropriate.
- Provide help and support to the CEO in maintaining marketing materials, fixture cards, County publications and the administration of County Cards.
- Work closely with The CEO and England Golf as appropriate to ensure that County Golf Developments are effectively managed and supported.
- Provide handicap assistance and answer queries from individuals and clubs in the absence of the CEO.
- Attendance at County Golf Tournaments / Matches and other events as deemed necessary. County Union Offices, Home, Golf Clubs. Prepared to travel / work weekends
BB&O Golf OfficesUnit 5 Rycote Farm Rycote LaneThame, OxfordshireOX9 2NZ
Remote working at events will be required as well as attending regular meetings off site.
£24k - £27K depending on experience
Closing date 1st November
To apply please send your CV via email to John Kennedy at - firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please call 01844 279600
Return to News Page