Online Entry for Futures Tour Newbury & Crookham
Sunday 14th July 2019
General Conditions of Entry for BB&O Championship and Trophy Events
1) All Championship and Trophy events shall be played in accordance with the R&A Rules of Golf and Local Rules as approved.
2) All competitors must be:
i) Of Amateur Status as defined by the R&A.
ii) In possession of a COMPETITION playing handicap under the current CONGU Unified SSS & Handicapping Scheme and not exceeding that determined by the County Union as a condition of entry.
iii) A member of a Club affiliated to the BB&O County Union. This Club must be his Home Club for Handicapping purposes and the Club MUST have registered to the England Golf Central Database of Handicaps.
3) Entrants may not have played for another County, or in the Championship of another County in the same calendar year.
4) Persons under 18 will not be allowed to partake in County Championships and Trophy events unless the County Union holds the relevant Parental Consent Form. A copy is available on the BB&O website www.bbogolf.com.
i) All entries must be fully completed, accompanied by the correct fee and received at the County Union Office by 12 noon of the closing date. Unpaid online entries will NOT be accepted.
ii) No entry fee will be refunded unless notice of scratching is received before the closing date for entries except for any entrant who may be balloted out and who does not subsequently compete.
iii) All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Championship Committee which reserves the right to accept or refuse an entry without giving reason for its decision, which shall be final.
6) Any competitor who, for whatever reason is not present on the tee when called upon to start will be disqualified. Any competitor for whatever reason fails to appear on the tee at his appointed time shall be required to write a letter of explanation to the Championship Committee. If he does not do so, he will be barred from entering or taking part in any BB&O event for such period as the Championship Committee see fit.
7) Players shall walk at all times during a stipulated round unless permitted to ride by the Championship Committee. Except in cases when competitors claim exemption under the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Acts 1995 & 2005 by producing a Medical Certificate signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner. Medical Certificates must be provided to the Secretary not less than 5 clear days prior to the start of the competition. Competitors shall always be responsible for providing their motorised buggy/trolley. Penalty for Breach of Condition is Disqualification.
8) Competitors and their caddies are permitted to wear tailored shorts in accordance with the host venue’s rules.
9) All ties will be decided on the last 18, 9, 6, 3, or 1 hole in that order, unless a tie still results in which case the last 6, 3, or 1 hole of the first 9 will count. Except in those Championships where a play-off over holes to be decided will take place, followed if necessary, by a ‘sudden death’ play-off.
10) All competitors are required to play with golf balls which are on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls issued by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews. Penalty for Breach of Condition is Disqualification.
11) The driving club the player carries must have a clubhead, identified by model and loft, that is named on the current List of Conforming Driver Heads issued by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews. Penalty for Breach of Condition is Disqualification.
12) Any competitor who during the course of an event, including practice days, misbehaves by, for example, swearing, throwing clubs, or vandalising the golf course or Clubhouse, or acts in any manner which might bring the game into disrepute may be barred from entering or taking part in any BB&O event for such period as the Championship Committee may see fit.
13) Competitors shall at all times be liable for the actions of their caddies and shall ensure that the caddies comply with the Conditions as they apply to the competitors.
14) All disputes will be settled by the Championship Committee.
15) By entering this event you acknowledge that we will use your contact details to inform you of your tee time by email and to alert you of any changes that will directly affect you in relation to this event
Conditions of Play in addition to General Conditions for BB&O Futures Tour Events
a. Restricted to Players under 16 years at 0.00 hours on 1st January in the tournament year and with a handicap of 24.4 or under for the Under 12 and Under 14 Age Groups and under 12.4 for the Under 16 Age Group.
b. When entries exceed a total of 60 in number, the higher handicaps will be eliminated by ballot on exact handicap, updated from the CDH at 12.00 noon on the closing date, and the entry fee refunded but a minimum of 16 places will be allocated to the under 16 and under 12 Age Groups. The Committee may, at any time and at its discretion, extend the closing date for entries and in such cases the ballot will be held on that date regardless of when entries have been received.
c. The championship shall be decided by stroke play over 18 holes in one day. The winner shall be the competitor who returns the lowest score over 18 holes. In the event of a tie, a count-back will determine the winner.
d. No one over the age of 18 may act as a caddie for any competitor. Penalty for breach is two strokes for each hole. Maximum penalty is four strokes. All players aged 10 or under must always have a Parent/Guardian present at the Venue during the day but may not act as a caddie.
e. Competitors and their caddies are permitted to wear tailored shorts in accordance with the host venue’s rules.
Entry for this competition is balloted to 60 entries. Online entry does not guarantee a place in the final competition.
This competition requires that fees be paid to complete entry. If the payment process is not completed, your entry may be removed.