Online Entry for U14 Championship
Monday 15th August 2022
Conditions of Play in addition to General Conditions for BB&O Under 12 & U14 Championship.
a. Restricted to Players under 14 years of age at 00:00 hours on 1st January in the Championship year, with a Handicap Index of 24.4 or under and must be a member of a Club affiliated to the BB&O County Union. This Club must be his Home Club for Handicapping purposes. The competition committee has the right to refuse entry if they believe a player alternates their home status between clubs for the purpose of entering championships.
b. When entries exceed a total of 45 in number, a ballot will be made based on exact handicap. If there are more than 18 entrants who are over 12 years of age at 00:00 hours on January 1st in the year of the Championship, any ballot must result in the final field comprising of no less than 18 over 12 years of age competitors. The higher handicaps will be eliminated by ballot on exact handicap, taken from the WHS at midnight on the closing date, and the entry fee refunded. The Committee may, at any time and at its discretion, extend the closing date for entries and in such cases the ballot will be held on that date regardless of when entries have been received.
c. The championships shall be decided by stroke play over 18 holes in one day.
d. The winners shall be the competitors who return the lowest score over 18 holes.
e. In the event of a tie, a count-back will determine the winner.
f. No one over the age of 18 may act as a caddie for any competitor. Penalty for breach is two strokes for each hole. Maximum penalty is four strokes.
g. No player under 12 years of age at 00:00 hours on January 1st in the year of the Championship may win any U14 Net prize
General Conditions of Entry for BB&O Championship and Trophy Events
1) All Championship and Trophy events shall be played in accordance with the R&A Rules of Golf and Local Rules as approved.
2) All competitors must be:
i) Of Amateur Status as defined by the R&A.
ii) In possession of a Handicap Index under the current WHS Scheme and not exceeding that determined by the County Union as a condition of entry.
iii) A member of a Club affiliated to the BB&O County Union and the Club MUST have registered to the England Golf Central Database of Handicaps.
3) Entrants may not have played for another County, or in the Championship of another County in the same calendar year.
4) Persons under 18 will not be allowed to partake in County Championships and Trophy events unless the County Union holds the relevant Parental Consent Form. A copy is available on the BB&O website www.bbogolf.com.
i) All entries must be fully completed, accompanied by the correct fee and received at the County Union Office by midnight of the closing date. Unpaid online entries will NOT be accepted.
ii) No entry fee will be refunded unless notice of scratching is received before the closing date for entries except for any entrant who may be balloted out and who does not subsequently compete.
iii) All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Championship Committee which reserves the right to accept or refuse an entry giving reason for its decision, which shall be final.
6) A player arriving no more than 5 minutes late for their appointed tee off time will receive the general penalty applied to his or her first hole. A player arriving more than 5 minutes late will result in disqualification. If a player is not present at all and has not notified the championship committee they may face disciplinary action as the championship committee sees fit.
7) Players shall walk at all times during a stipulated round unless permitted to ride by the Championship Committee. Except in cases when competitors claim exemption under the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Acts 1995 & 2005 by producing a Medical Certificate signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner. Medical Certificates must be provided to the Secretary not less than 5 clear days prior to the start of the competition. Competitors shall always be responsible for providing their motorised buggy/trolley. Penalty for Breach of Condition is Disqualification.
8) Competitors and their caddies are permitted to wear tailored shorts in accordance with the host venue’s rules.
9) All ties will be decided on the last 18, 9, 6, 3, or 1 hole in that order, unless a tie still results in which case the last 6, 3, or 1 hole of the first 9 will count. Except in those Championships where a play-off over holes to be decided will take place, followed if necessary, by a ‘sudden death’ play-off.
10) All competitors are required to play with golf balls which are on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls issued by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews. Penalty for Breach of Condition is Disqualification.
11) The driving club the player carries must have a clubhead, identified by model and loft, that is named on the current List of Conforming Driver Heads issued by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews. Penalty for Breach of Condition is Disqualification.
12) Any competitor who during the course of an event, including practice days, misbehaves by, for example, swearing, throwing clubs, or vandalising the golf course or Clubhouse, or acts in any manner which might bring the game into disrepute may be barred from entering or taking part in any BB&O event for such period as the Championship Committee may see fit.
13) Competitors shall at all times be liable for the actions of their caddies and shall ensure that the caddies comply with the Conditions as they apply to the competitors.
14) All disputes will be settled by the Championship Committee.
15) By entering this event you acknowledge that we will use your contact details to inform you of your tee time by email and to alert you of any changes that will directly affect you in relation to this event
Entry for this competition is balloted to 45 entries. Online entry does not guarantee a place in the final competition.
This competition requires that fees be paid to complete entry. If the payment process is not completed, your entry may be removed.