Handicap and CDH Support
Although the various software packages (such as Intelligent Golf and Club V1) make running your Club competitions and handicaps more straight forward than ever, there are often handicap and CDH problems faced by all committees.
BB&O Golf are working hard to ensure that we are best placed to help you with any handicap or CDH enquiry you may have. We also understand that it’s not unusual for the person tasked with administering competitions and handicaps at your club not to be fully aware of either their responsibilities or procedures. With this in mind we would like to remind all Club Managers and Secretaries that our office will provide the support listed below;
- Face to Face visits with new Handicap Secretaries / Administrators to explain the roles and responsibilities of the “Handicap Administrator”.
- Club visits to help with CDH cleansing.
- Telephone advice on the correct handling of resigning players, new home players etc.
- Allocation of first handicaps.
- Category 1 handicap allocations.
- Returning players.
- CDH malfunctions (typically where Club handicaps do not seem to be synchronised with CDH).
- Handicap disputes.
- Annual and ongoing reviews.
- Administrative errors within CDH.
The World Wide Handicap System
The World Wide Handicap System is being launched on November 2nd 2020. It will replace the six different systems currently used by over 15 million golfers in more than 80 countries.
It's been developed by the R&A and the USGA and is supported by the world's handicapping authorities inclunding GONGU, which represents the four home countries of Great Britain and Ireland.
BB&O completed an education program during the winter months which was designed to educate Handicap Secretaries and Committee members at BB&O Clubs. We are now beginning a tour of the County in an effort to present and explain the new system to members of BB&O Clubs.
For Handicap and CDH Support please call our office on 01844 279600